Enjoy 6 exclusive tastings of authentic local cuisine and learn why St. Croix is known as the culinary gateway to the Caribbean.
TASTE OF TWIN CITY FOOD TOUR | CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS ONLY
- Guest All Ages
- Infant Ages 3 and under
Learn why St. Croix is known as the culinary gateway to the Caribbean
Enjoy 6 exclusive tastings of authentic local cuisine & learn why St. Croix is known as the culinary gateway to the Caribbean
- Roundtrip transfer to and from the tour starting location in Christiansted
- Tasting locations includes a Crucian lunch, our famous “”bush”” tea & other local favorites you won’t discover on your own
- Dine where locals do with stops at locally owned restaurants and eateries
- Uncover St. Croix’s diverse history dating back to the early 1400s and learn more about the island’s architectural connection to Denmark
- Learn about the origins of our local foods and drinks stemmed in sustainability and agriculture
- Our food tours take place rain or shine.
- We can fulfill most requests regarding dietary restrictions and/or allergies with advance notice.
- One alcoholic beverage tasting is included. Request the nonalcoholic option at the time of booking.
- All food tastings provide enough for a satisfying lunch.
- Small groups of no more than 12 guests per guide provides a personalized, intimate experience.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and light clothing. Use sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun.
- The tour is suitable for all age groups and most fitness levels. NOT suitable for guests with wheelchairs.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Roundtrip Transfer To and From Christiansted
VI Food Tours work with dedicated taxi drivers to assist us in getting our guests from the port in Frederiksted where the ship docks to the starting location of the tour in Christiansted. We will arrange your pickup time with a driver to ensure an on-time arrival to the tour starting location. Travel time is approximately 30 minutes. Your Christiansted pickup location and departure time for return to the cruise port will be confirmed with your driver on the day of the tour.
A Unique Foodie Experience
Six exclusive food-tasting locations are included on our expertly crafted food tasting and cultural walking tour – each one specifically chosen to give you a scrumptious take on St. Croix’s most authentic foods. With each stop more filling than the last, our Taste of Twin City Food Tour offers enough food to be a satisfying lunch that will not leave you hungry (for most people). Locally owned and operated restaurants, specialty food shops, the best rum in the Caribbean and local ice cream are just a few of the highlights included on this mouthwatering foodie experience. By the end of our tour, you’ll be navigating the streets of Downtown Christiansted with ease knowing exactly where to go for that local island flavor minus the tourist traps.
Rich Narrative on St. Croix’s History & Culture
Not only will the Taste of Twin City Food Tour delight your taste buds but it will also provide great insight on St. Croix’s rich history and eclectic culture. Learn about the island’s seven-flag colonial history dating back to the early1400s, its Danish architectural influence and how sustainability & agriculture is the backbone of the island’s cuisine.
Small Groups Led by Expert Local Guides
Each tour group accommodates no more than 12 people to ensure a personalized, intimate experience for each guest. Our passionate and knowledgeable local guides will guide you through Downtown Christiansted with ease, sharing St. Croix’s authentic dishes and drinks in the most unexpected locations. By the end of the tour, you’ll have the confidence and know-how to navigate St. Croix using the valuable recommendations offered from your local guide on dining and entertainment to cultural experiences and off-the-beaten-path adventures. You’ll also leave with a souvenir to remember your time with Virgin Islands Food Tours.
Go beyond the boardwalk as our local guides share the history and adventure of this amazing city.
Tasting Location #1
One of the longest standing restaurants in Downtown Christiansted featuring Caribbean & Continental cuisine with spectacular views.
Tasting Location #2
Family run eatery in business over 50 years with ready made traditional Crucian & Trinidadian dishes.
Tasting Location #3
Every local’s favorite bakery offering daily fresh baked breads & pastries.
Tasting Location #4
Locally made ice cream and sorbets to cool you from the Caribbean heat.
Tasting Location #5
A Latin-infused family run restaurant serving authentic Crucian & Latin fare.
Tasting Location #6
Vegan-friendly restaurant popular with vegetarians and meat eaters alike with their homemade veggie burgers, coconut curry tofu & local drinks.
WHERE TO MEET
Your taxi driver will meet you directly outside of the main gates of the cruise port after you exit the ship. They will have a sign indicating “VI Food Tours Cruise Ship Passenger Pickup.”